Sunday, June 30, 2013

Crochet amigurumi DORAEMON!!!

Okay... this is my 2nd amigurumi!!! I'm so excited!!! Well, to be honest I'm not really a fan of doraemon, but my dear likes it very very much, so yeah i decided to give it a try and still it's a yet to complete project.

Doraemon's limb is actually way more easier than what I had made for my 1st amigurumi, OSCAR!! which i posted it some time later. However unlike Oscar, crocheting doraemon is way more challenging when it comes to body, as i will always need to change the colour of the yarn from white to blue and blue to white. Thus i get confused at times and i have to redo and redo again. 

Here's some photos of showing the process of making this cute DORAEMON!!!!

This shows the process of making its head:


White yarn to BLUE yarn: 


and
TA-DA!!!


The process of making it's body, to me this is most hardest and confusing part:


Okay well, maybe there's an easier way, rather than letting the yarn staying like that ><



Head and body ready!!!!


SEW
SEW
SEW



Limbs!!!!



I made doraemon's arms facing up, i know mostly people will chose to sew it down, but I like it facing upwards, cuz it looks more cheerful to me hahaha.


Here's a small pocket!!! cute cute cute ... although it looks weird to me. HAHAHAHA
not sure how it gonna end up with...LOL


Okay for the pattern u actually can find it here, but it's in spanish form, hence you might need to use your friend, goole to do the translation job, or, alternatively i found one website here, an english translated pattern.

However for the pattern itself, it does not tell us how to make the little pocket of doraemon, which i think it's quite a symbolize character for doraemon. So you need to google for the pattern of crocheting a semicircle. For the pattern i used, it's here.

Well for the eyes, it a bit hard for crochet without a pattern, hence you will also need to goolge for a while. Here is a website which gives good tips on crocheting eyes pattern.

I'm still on the stage of struggling on the wideness of the iris of doraemon... cuz there's no a fixed pattern available... so i'm not that confident to embroidery onto the head yet. T_T


and here's the nose hehehe.


For nose: ch 2, 
row 1: 3sc at the 2nd ch
row 2: 2sc at each stitch 
row 3: 2sc at each stitch
row 4: sc all around
u can keep doing it until a desire size is reached.

Good luck!!

I'm hope that this project of mine will go on smoothly. As embroidery stuffs is really not my thing. T_T
Pray hard!!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, this will go good, Please do share the completed doraemon. I am also planning to make one for my kid

    ReplyDelete